Wednesday 7 August 2013

I'm 28.

I thought that by the time I turned thirty I’d have got rid of my spots! Honestly, I thought they’d be gone before my twenties. I really believed that they were for teenagers. Young teenagers. And that they’d disappear just like braces (which I didn’t have) and gawkiness (which I did).

Except my gawkiness hasn’t gone either. Gawky makes it sound cuter than it is. Awkwardness. I still don’t stand up straight enough either. Tall and awkward – a delightful combination. And I’m so bad at small talk I avoid hairdressers and opticians. Not good.

I still can’t use chopsticks. That has got to change. Has to. I also want to learn German and buy a violin. I could play it when I was 16. I’m sure it’s like riding a bike. Except I don’t really want to ride a bike again as I’m an adult now and I’d have to ride it on the roads and not just round the streets. And I don’t like the roads. That’s why I don’t drive. That, and I like to read on the bus.

I want to meditate but I’m useless at finding time to do it. That and I don’t think I’ll be much good at it. And I always want to do well at everything. I’ve always been a swot.

I’ve started worrying about money – that’s new. Another wonderful part of adulthood.

But I’m going to revolutionise my life! Well, maybe revolution is too strong a word for it. I’m going to improve it and improve myself but I’m not going to start just yet!

Okay, it’s always worth making your life better but I’m going to try to do some specific things after I turn 29 and (deep breath!) before I turn thirty.


I’m hoping my thirtieth year is the best and most exciting one yet. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment